- Cottage Cheese- Check the ingredients 😉
- Hard boiled eggs (good for 1 week in the fridge and 2 hours out of the fridge according to the FDA)
- Nuts Raw is best but roasted are still good and almonds or pistachios have the most protein
- Pumpkin Seeds- Protein and healthy fats, just don’t eat too many.
- Deli Roll Ups– 2 slices of deli meat to one slice of cheese so yummy! Add some greens for a even better snack. As always check the ingredients of what your buying and make sure its only meat or cheese.
- Nut Butter– Top apples, celery or almost anything else with a whole nut butter (nothing added.)
- Sunflower Seeds– Watch for added ingredients and flavors.
- Hummus– Use as a veggie dip! If you cant’ find one flavored with ingredients you approve of buy plain and add seasoning yourself.
- Jerky– Any meat, this one can be tricky to find without a lot of added sugar and salt so be very careful, or better yet make your own!
Want more bang for your buck? Combine your protein with another food group fat/veggie/fruit for a little more energy and nutrition.
*I’m not a doctor or nutritionist, these are things I’ve found through research and testing of my own and do not constitute medical or nutritional advice.*
What are your favorite snacks?