Why is it that I have such high standards for myself? Things I don’t expect from anyone else and yet expect from myself. I can’t be the only one right? Need some examples OK how about the silly:
- If my hubby is in pain I tell him to take ibuprofen/Tylenol right away but if I am I delay and avoid it as much as possible, and not just when I’m pregnant.
- My expectations to take care of dinner, the baby, clean the house and get a run in all after work….everyday.
- If your sick go to bed, if I’m sick nothing changes
The utterly insane:
- Every call I EVER interpret will be perfect and every customer will love me.
- I will never cause Mac to be unhappy.
Why? Why do I expect so much from myself when I KNOW that its not possible and don’t expect the same from anybody else? Well the first step to correcting any problem is acknowledging you have a problem. I’ve honestly have known this is a problem for a long time but now I’m realizing that not only is it a problem but its something that needs to be resolved. So I guess that is step #2 at least for me….
Do you have unresonable expectations for yourself? How do you change them?