Lets face it I’m not a food photographer but to be honest I’m not sure if there is a great way to photograph chili….that being said this was delicious!
I adapted this recipe from one I found on i Heart Naptime to one that fits what I normally have on hand so that I can replicate it in the future. I’m happy to say the hubby loved it!
- 1 lb hamburger or Turkey burger (You can leave out the meat as well)
- 2 TB taco seasoning
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped finely
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can great northern beans or white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 7 oz can corn (hubby says this is just the right amount
- 1 15 oz can petite diced tomato’s
- 1/2 can green chili’s
- 2 tablespoons salsa seasoning (we have a great preservative free blend from our farmers market) or 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce or jar of plain spaghetti sauce (this is what I used because it is what I had)
- Brown hamburger in a large pan. Add in onions, bell peppers and saute for a few minutes.
- Add in remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. You can add a little water if it starts getting too thick.
- Top with your favorite fix in’s, mine are plain yogurt (sour cream) and a little healthy fat ie cheese 😉