Blah, well I live in Minnesota and the weather right now is proving that fall is here and winter is on its way, phew did we have a cold snap. Its on thing when it cools down gradually but when it drops 30+ degrees over night…yikes. Yeah, that plus the fact its getting darker faster makes running outside a little tricky. Here are some tips for you to stay safe and un-injured.
- Wear the right stuff: Thermal tights, wool socks, sweat shirt or insulated running jackets, gloves, head band and a face mask if necessary.
- Stretch well before running (this is something I need to get better at)
- Start slow, then build your speed as you muscles warm up (hey this is a great way to do negative splits!)
- Be seen, if its getting dark make sure to have a few bright and reflective clothing items on
- Sunglasses help, have a lightly tinted pair to keep the cold air out of your eyes.
That’s all I can think of do you guys have anything to add?