I’ve been out of the couponing world since April or so and we are just noticing our supplies starting to dwindle. With our stockpiles going down and a few things we want to save for coming up (toying with the idea of a different car and a few other things) I’m thinking its time to start again. However couponing in general isn’t very ‘green.’
- You have to buy a few newspapers every Sunday to get multiple coupons, I don’t read the paper so it all just goes straight into recycling. I wish there was a way to only get the coupons.
- Typically to get the best deals your buying things in smaller packages, while this might be better for our family of 2, it is not better for the environment.
- You can easily drive to 3 or more stores to get the best deals in each one, wasting more gas. Luckily for me all the stores I go to are with in 1.5 miles of my house and I can make them on my way home.
I’m sure I could come up with a few more but I don’t want to bore anyone 😉 So the be honest this area in my life is a compromise. I’m trying to find balance between saving money and living the green life I want to.
- I will not buy travel sized anything just because its free.
- I do the math, just because I can get the small tube of toothpaste for 25 cents doesn’t make it the best deal per oz. Sometimes I can get a size up and still get a great deal with the coupon.
- I make sure to use my cloth shopping bags and produce bags.
So what do you think is it worth the trade off?