Traveling is something I love to do and with a cruise coming up next week its got me thinking again about how to ‘green’ traveling a bit. First of all a while back I talked about how to fly green but today I want to talk about travel in general.
I think some of my suggestions work even not on a plane per sae. When I travel I always have at least one water bottle with me and I fill it everywhere I go, even good old McDonalds (which is NOT green) if I eat there then I fill my bottle instead of their disposiable cup.
How to make fast food greener:
- Go inside and order your food that way your eliminating the bag and other un nessacary packaging.
- BYON bring your own napkin.
- Order bigger split nuggets and french fries to reduce cost and packaging.
- Just don’t buy it and pack a lunch ahead of time!
Road trip greener:
- If your traveling with family try to car pool do you really need 2 cars for 4 people?
- Use the most gas effecint option you can fit in, 2 people and luggage in a Prius or Pathfinder…
- Drive the speed limit, unless you have a multi day driving trip really the most you can save in 300 miles is like 10-15 min, is that worth a ticket?
- Bring your own snacks.
- Toliteries are hard, try buying some reuseable small bottles and refilling them or save your bottles that have just a little left and take those with then toss them or better yet recycle them when they are gone!
- Pack smart, pick a few plain bottoms and then all sorts of tops, this will cut down on space you need in the suitcase therefore reducing the amount or size of luggage you need.
- Share your suitcase this reduces your cost if your flying and the weight of the plane.
Have more ideas for me? Let me know in the comments below!