For us this means we don’t need to bundle cardboard anymore and they now take all plastics #1-7!! My hope is it also means more people will recycle because its easier. Most everyone on my block recycles, but there are a few houses that never did. I’m really hoping these no sort bins change that.
I thought the cities list for why this is a benefit was kind of funny so I thought it would share:
- No need to sort recyclables into categories YEA!
- No longer need to carry heavy blue bin down to the curb
- Will be able to wheel your recyclables down to the curb Isn’t that the last bullet point?
- Larger containers allow room to recycle additional plastics and cartons YEA!
- Larger container only needs to be collected every other week I”m going to forget which weeks it is….
- Privacy-your neighbor walking the dog won’t see your empty bottles If your drinking so much your embarrassed….maybe you should think how much you drink…
- Covered container keeps recyclables clean and dry
- If you have a large family or home business that generates a lot, you can get a larger cart
- Carts are less likely to blow around the neighborhood than empty blue bins on windy days YEA!
So 3 cheers for the new no sort bins, for whatever your reasons!