When I first started running I found out about Road ID, I decided that ‘if I got serious’ I would get one. Well Since I’ve completed my first 5k this year and plan on at least 4 more I guess I’m ‘serious.’ I decided to reach out to the company to see if they wanted to work with me and guess what? They did!!!
The first thing I noticed was how easy the ordering process was. In fact they had suggestions and examples of other id’s to help me fill in every line and not forget some very important information. I would have never thought to put down NKA (No Known Allergies) for the doctors/nurses should they be called. I also chose to include both my hubby and my father in laws names and phone number along with my name and birthday. I picked out the yellow because 1. it was bright and fun and 2. it would get noticed!! Check it out (No making fun this is right after a 4 mile run!)
So from the Road ID Website itself here is why you need a Road ID:
- If you can’t speak for yourself, Road ID will speak for you.
- Road ID enables First Responders to immediately contact family members and friend.
- Road ID enables family members to provide additional details about your health or give consent for potentially life saving procedures.
- Road ID enables hospital staff to locate vital medical records.
- Road ID can communicate medical conditions or allergy information to medical staff.
- Road ID can prevent serious delays in treatment by saving crucial time during the “golden hour” of medical treatment.
- It’s far better to have Road ID and not need it than to need Road ID and not have it. It’s not just a piece of gear, it’s peace of mind.
- Accidents happen far more than you think they do. Each year approximately 450,000 of us are taken to hospitals unconscious and without identification.
- Road ID looks good on and makes a statement about your athletic lifestyle – not to mention that studies would probably prove that people that wear Road ID are considerably smarter than those that don’t.
- Road ID can save your Life. Period
If you need anymore convincing just read their testimonials page. Personally I know 2 people with severe bike accidents. One was lucky enough to have family with, but the other didn’t they just had a kind stranger. Because of this stranger his life was saved, but think of how much easier this Road ID would have made everything.
So want to win one? Check out my new widget below to see how you can
a Rafflecopter giveaway