Do you have a bike? Do you know how to ride it? Well then you have an easy way to be green and get some exercise in the process. Say you need just a few things from the grocery store or Target (wal-mart, k-mart whatever) take a ride there. If its 2 miles or under its a pretty short ride. Grab a backpack and go. Get your workout and your groceries.
Things to consider:
- If you need frozen items and the ride is more than a 1/2 mile or so just drive, that is unless you need it thawed out.
- Don’t forget your bike lock.
- Oh and don’t forget to put your wallet in your backpack, yeah been there done that.
- A backpack with a waist and chest strap will help distribute the weight.
- Use pockets to hold small or fragile items