I’ve been reaping great rewards from my garden this year (yea!) and wanted to share a few ways with you that you can keep your garden green.
- If you have a container garden, use recycled containers instead of new ones. If you don’t want to use old things from around the house buy ones made of recycled material.
- Use a rain barrel, you can check out my home made one here and there are plenty of websites with different designs.
- Water early in the morning or after the sun goes down to prevent evaporation.
- If have have a large garden and a watering can isn’t an option use a soaker hose instead of a sprinkler.
- Use mulch, wood chips, compost anything really to help retain moisture.
- You can use biodegradable paper bags (from the grocery store) as a weed barrier between and around plants.