I’m about to show you something embarrassing. This is your 3rd bedroom, in theory. In reality it has become our catch all room. Mac’s hockey gear, My sewing machine (because I haven’t found a good place in my office) and some household decorations that need to get sorted out… yeah its pretty bad.
(Panorama shot sorry so small.)
I’ve noticed, that the more I go through the stuff I already have, the less I want to buy new stuff. I don’t want anymore stuff to deal with, clean up or put away. This in effect is green, I drastically cut down on my consumption when I get organizing. Here are some more tips on how to make organizing your house more green.
- Use what you have, baskets, storage bins, and the like to organize your stuff.
- Craigslist or freecycle otherwise sell your unused items to get some cash and help someone out. Ebay is another good option to make some money but its less green with the shipping.
- Think about doing ‘lot sales’ like a tub of Christmas decorations or picture frames. You would be surprised what you can sell.
- Donate items that would be to hard to sell via these methods (clothes and the like.
- Remember Reuse is more green than recycle, can you use those small plastic kitchen containers to organize your drawers?
So I didn’t get the room done last night but I did get things sorted and that is a great start. See it already looks better.