This is the time of year where everyone is setting goals to save money , loose weight, and clean the house. But what about goals for our marriages. Here are just a few ideas I came up with.
1. Talk more, about anything, but not just the necessary things (kids, money, house.) Share your dreams and goals, support each other.
2. Show each other love _______ (once a month, week, biweekly) in a tangible way. Do the chore your spouse hates, buy flowers or their favorite candy/snack. Snuggle up and watch a movie.
3. Treat them like a spouse, not a roommate or a maid/handyman.
4. Have time off together and I’m not talking vacations.
5. Give them the benefit of the doubt.
OK now I want to hear your thoughts. Next week I want to see some “Thoughts on Thursday” posts from you guys! So here comes a linky party get ready!