Wwell if you haven’t figured it out by now I live “up north” in Minnesota. The weather for tonight/tomorrow isn’t supposed to be great and that got me thinking about winter driving.
First of all prep your car:
- Jumper cables
- Cat litter or sand
- Ice scraper
- Warm clothes gloves, a hat, sturdy boots, warm jacket
- Flashlights and extra batteries
- First aid kit also pack necessary medications in case you are stuck on the road
- Food pack items containing protein such as nuts and energy bars, also canned fruit and a portable can opener are good additions, don’t forget baby food and pet food
- Fully charge your cell phone.
- Clean off your headlights
- Allow more time (listen to the weather the night before and wake up early.)
- Keep your gas tank full.
- Drive for conditions – slower speeds, slower acceleration, slower steering, and slower braking in winter conditions.
- Use your headlights.
- Don’t use cruise control.
- Slow down when approaching intersections, off-ramps,
bridges, or shady spots.
- Be careful and payattention to other drivers.