Here are a few hints on how to make your holiday dinner a little greener.
- Buy local, try to find a local farm to buy your turkey and vegetables from. This reduces transport and packaging.
- Back as much from scratch as possible. This is not only cheaper but tastes better and means a large factory doesn’t have to make it.
- Use real plates and silverware, and then wash them in your energy efficient dishwasher. Check out this article at Treehugger.com for more information.
- Use cloth napkins. They are prettier and softer than paper, plus your just plain not wasting paper.
- Remember to buy organic when it counts, food with thin skin that you eat. Check out the dirty dozen for more info.
What ideas do you have?