There are lots of ways to wrap up your gifts with out buying traditional wrapping paper.
Here are a few ideas for you:
- Buy wrapping paper made from recycled materials aim for something that has at least 80% PCW (post consumer waste.) Remember if they don’t tell you the percentage you are either being duped or its a very low percent so that they can claim that the product is green.
- Use the paper bags from the grocery store.
- Use old newspaper (not just the comics) and then recycle it when done.
- Use a wrapping scarf. Check out this website for more information and tutorials. (Here for my Japanese readers)
- Make and use your own cloth bags. This is what I’ve done for the past few years.
I have two sets, one that I reuse for family from year to year, and another that I use for friends that they can keep.
The family set is lined and a little more sturdy. However the friends set is just one layer thick and made out of a pre-cut set of fabric I found. I just made a bag with an open top and then sewed a ribbon on the back to tie it closed. Check them out:
Cooper liked them so much he tried to steal one….