#1 Josh Turner Shirt: $30.00 This is one of those items that I don’t regret having, it was a great concert last week, but I do regret the price 🙁
#2 Digital Photography Book – I will say that this is very eco friendly though its a digital book! Check out all of these books from Ella Publishing so cheap!
I”ve been doing really good about going shopping and only what is on my list. I’ve also managed to avoid Michael’s craft store and I’m trying to find alternatives to the idea I have in mind, I’ll let you know what I come up with next week.
As I said last week there are other ways to reduce your impact besides not buying things. Here are just a few
- Make sure to turn off the lights when you leave the room.
- Use some of the new light bulbs out there that use less wattage and put out the same amount of light.
- Use a programmable thermostat and turn up (or down if its winter) the temperature a few degrees when your sleeping or out of the house.
- Turn off the AC and open windows on nights that are cool and low humidity.
- Close the curtains and blinds on your windows during the day.
Now onto the second item that will be included in the Reduce Challenge Giveaway, a set of 4 eye shadows from Everyday Minerals! Its easy to get entered in this giveaway, just comment on any of the Challenge posts (one comment per post) and let me know what you are doing to reduce your impact! At the end of the challenge I will draw a name to get the whole package. So come on and join in!
(These were not donated, they are duplicates from my own collection. I just like them so much I thought I would share!)